Parent and Family Information
Congratulations! Your student is attending the Mason Gross School of the Arts at Rutgers University. Mason Gross students are some of the most talented, focused, and high achieving artists in the world, but despite their incredible drive, talent, and past achievements they may find the demands of navigating an artistic and academic path at a large research university challenging and even daunting. If they are feeling this – DON’T WORRY! We’ve got them covered, and you covered to support them in the best possible way.
To stay informed about university news, events and deadlines, please subscribe to the Rutgers University Parent and Family Newsletter.
Additionally there are lots of ways to support your student throughout their journey:
- Attend a performance, gallery show or screening in person or virtually. Here is where you can find our schedule of events and performances.
- Send a care package to your student living on or off campus but away from home. Here are some ideas!
- Reach out to the One Stop Student Services Center if your student has issues with billing or financial aid, they are your best resource.
- Become familiar with Student Confidentiality/FERPA and the process to have students release information to you.
- Check out our advising and student success resources on this site. Become familiar with Rutgers systems, deadlines, resources, and policies.
- Follow us on social media to stay informed.
If your student is just starting with us, please download our parent, family and friend checklist.