Mason Gross Magazine
Mason Gross Magazine is published every year for alumni, faculty, students, employees, donors, and friends of the Mason Gross School of the Arts. Each issue features stories about recent events; news from faculty, staff, students, and alumni; and what to look forward to in the coming months.
Your letters and comments are welcome. Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org or to Mason Gross Magazine, Mason Gross School of the Arts, 33 Livingston Avenue, New Brunswick, NJ 08901.
In our latest issue, take a visit to a New Brunswick elementary school where students are learning social justice through dance thanks to a partnership with Rutgers EdM students; find out where in the West Side Story remake you’ll see one of our percussion faculty performing; get an insider perspective on a dance alum’s Super Bowl half-time show rehearsal with J.Lo; and read why the first woman band director at Rutgers University in the school’s 255-year history calls herself “a bit of a unicorn” among her peers. Plus, catch up on all the latest faculty, staff, and alumni news and much more.
- Rutgers Students Teach Social Justice Through Dance to Children in New Brunswick (video)
- Percussion Instructor Javier Diaz Plays in Spielberg’s West Side Story Remake
- Assistant Director of University Bands Julia Baumanis Leads Pep Band at Jersey Mike’s Arena (video)
- A Documentary of September’s March2RUGardens (video)
- Mason Gross Celebrates the Class of 2022 (slideshow)
- nj.com’s Interactive COVID Memorial: A Collaboration with faculty Steven Kemper (audio/visual)
- Remembering Dance Faculty Member Kim Elliott (audio)
Read past issues of the Mason Gross Magazine below.