Documentary Film Lab
The Rutgers Filmmaking Center houses the Documentary Film Lab, our professional documentary unit, which partners with scientists, artists, researchers, and community leaders within the university and around the world to create dynamic nonfiction films that reach a large audience. Uniquely creative and intentionally interdisciplinary, the lab team produces professional broadcast-ready documentaries while involving students at every level of production.
Filmmaking opportunities within the Documentary Film Lab allow students to gain professional experience and production credit. Documentary films made with student involvement include Atlantic Crossing, Thailand Untapped, Antarctic Edge: 70° South, and The War After. Recent graduates have been accepted to esteemed graduate film programs and have gained employment as associate producers, editors, and cinematographers.
Documentary Film Lab Films
Our collaborative partners
- Mason Gross School of the Arts Dance and Music Departments
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
- National Science Foundation
- Rutgers Bloustein School of Planning and Public Policy
- Rutgers New Jersey Institute for Food, Nutrition, and Health
- Rutgers Division of Student Affairs
- Rutgers Undergraduate Admissions
- Rutgers School of Arts and Sciences
- Rutgers School of Engineering
- Rutgers School of Environmental and Biological Sciences – Department of Marine and Coastal Sciences