All programming information is subject to change.
The Salon and the Senses in the Long Eighteenth Century: Interdisciplinary Perspectives
A virtual conference hosted by Rutgers–New Brunswick, the School of Arts and Sciences and Mason Gross School of the Arts at Rutgers, featuring workshops, performances, and presentations:
- Eighteenth-century English theater workshop
- Keynote address by Dr. Melanie Conroy (University of Memphis): “On Networking: Enlightenment-Era French Salons”
- Concert by the Raritan Players exploring the salon of Elizabeth Graeme in 1760s–70s Philadelphia
- “How to Create a Pop-Up Salon”
- Presentations on the senses of sight, sound, smell, touch, and humor by Michael Bane, Callum Blackmore, Christopher Cartmill, Rebecca Cypess, Marjanne E. Goozé, Jennifer Jones, Lindsay Jones, Floris Meens, Iris Moon, Markus Rathey, Nicole Vilkner, and Érika Wicky