We’re back this fall with a full slate of live events featuring our up-and-coming artists! All programming information is subject to change.
Follow the university’s dedicated COVID-19 information page regarding all updates across Rutgers campuses.
Julia Ritter: “Tandem Dances” Book Celebration
A celebration of dance faculty member Julia Ritter’s book Tandem Dances: Choreographing Immersive Performance, with panel discussion. Published in October 2020 with Oxford University Press, Tandem Dances is a book-length study of the role of dance in the creation and reception of immersive performance.
About the Author
Dr. Julia M. Ritter (Professor of Dance, MGSA, Rutgers) is a publicly engaged, award-winning dance artist and scholar. Her research focuses on audience participation, immersive arts practices, and creative placemaking for spatial justice and community revitalization. Her book Tandem Dances: Choreographing Immersive Performance was published by Oxford University Press.
- David Lee Parker, Performer, Punchdrunk’s Sleep No More in New York City
- Jennifer Payán, Performer, Punchdrunk’s Sleep No More in New York City
- Isadora Wolfe, Resident Director for Punchdrunk’s Sleep No More in New York City
- Stephen O’Connell, core and founding member of bluemouth inc., a Toronto/Brooklyn-based performance collective
- Dr. Keren Zaiontz, Assistant Professor and Queen’s National Scholar in Creative Industries, Queen’s Univerity, Ontario, Canada
Visit the university's dedicated COVID-19 website for the latest protocols and information