Q: Do you have to be a Mason Gross student to take courses at RFC?
A: No, any full-time undergraduate student at Rutgers can take courses at RFC that are open to non-BFA majors.

Q: I’m a graduate student and/or visiting student. Can I register for the digital film certificate program?
A: Not at this time.

Q: Is there a film major at Rutgers?

A: Yes, RFC is offering a BFA in Filmmaking as of Fall 2015 to first-year students applying to Rutgers for the first time.

To enroll, applicants must submit a formal application and fee online through Rutgers University Undergraduate Admissions (admissions.rutgers.edu) and the Mason Gross Supplemental application. Supporting materials to the application includes a personal statement, creative writing sample, and a digital narrative sample, which can consist of short films or a photographed narrative sequence provided in storyboard or digital form. 

For more information on the BFA in Filmmaking click here.

Q: Is the BFA in Filmmaking open to school-to-school transfers or outside transfers?

A: Not at this time.