Frequently Asked Questions about the Rutgers Center For Digital Filmmaking

Q: Do you have to be a Mason Gross student to take these classes?
A: No. Any Rutgers student with any major can register for our certificate in digital filmmaking.

Q: When and how can I register for these classes?
A: Students can register beginning in November 2011. The certificate will be offered through Mason Gross School of the Arts

Q: I’m a graduate student. Can I register for the digital film certificate program?
A: Not at this time.

Q: Do you have cameras that students can use outside of class time?
A: Yes. We have a variety of professional HD video cameras and DSLR cameras, as well as lights and microphones, that students can use outside of class time.

Q: The 22 credits required for certificate programs are the same number of courses required for a SAS minor. Will your film production program ever be offered as a minor?
A: We are exploring ways that our program can expand to serve the needs of our students. We will make an announcement on our website if we can offer our program as a minor.

Q. Is digital filmmaking a major, or will it become a major?
A: In response to significant student demand, the Rutgers Center for Digital Filmmaking is exploring the possibility of developing our film certificate program into a bachelor of fine arts major