Current Rutgers Students - School to School Transfer


School-to-School Transfer Admissions Contact:

Mason Gross’ Dean’s Office

Applying to the BFA and BA programs at Mason Gross:

If you are currently enrolled in a Rutgers undergraduate degree program (other than from the School of Health Related Professions) and wish to pursue a degree program at the Mason Gross School of the Arts, please submit the following in this order:

  1. Create an account and complete the Mason Gross Supplemental Application before our designated audition dates in order to schedule your audition/interview or submit your portfolio in time for the faculty review by clicking here.
  2. Complete the School to School Transfer Application, once it becomes available online by clicking here.

** Please note that if you wait to complete the school to school application before you complete the Mason Gross Supplemental Application you will likely miss our audition/interview dates and portfolio deadlines.
Students must have a valid 9 digit RUID in order to create a Mason Gross Supplemental Application Account.

All school to school transfer applicants to the BFA and BM programs in Dance, Music, Theater, and Visual Arts must also complete a talent evaluation for the department in which they are applying. For more information please visit the Audition/Portfolio Information page. For school-to-school transfers into Dance, please see our School-to-school transfer into Dance BFA program [PDF]

Declaring a BA through the School of Arts and Sciences in Dance, Music, Theater and Visual Arts:

Students who wish to declare a BA in Dance, Music, Theater, and Visual Arts should contact their current advisor for more information about class registration.  Please read below if the BA of your choice requires an audition or portfolio review.  BA majors or minors who are required to complete a talent evaluation ARE NOT required to complete a supplemental application for Mason Gross.  Please contact the advisor below to arrange your talent evaluation: